Thursday, December 8, 2011

Yeah, yeah, we got spirit!

Robert and I seem to have a bit more pep in our step and Christmas spirit this year. By the last weekend in November we had the lights up, tree decorated, outdoor decorations set up, and the indoor decorations were out too. Robert even had the Christmas music playing before I even thought about it:)

Sagelyne and Hayden are going to be spending Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day with us this year before we head out to Rosthern on the 27th. So, we enlisted their help with setting up the tree. It was fun! And they were very proud of themselves :)

I am going to admit that I'm more tired than I would be normally. I baked 4 dozen cookies for a bake exchange and needed some serious rest afterwards and nursed a sore back. So the extra help I've gotten so far has been much appreciated! The moms are coming over Christmas day to spend it with us and are even going to make Christmas dinner!! What a Deal!!!

I even ordered ALL the gifts from the Indigo Website! This website is fabulous!! I'll probably use it again and again...It seemed as though I had it all figured out until yesterday when Hayden was over for the day. Here is the scenario that I will leave you with as my desperate attempt to keep the Christmas spirit alive for a 4 year old, and not have to buy new Santa gifts ;) :

We arrive home from an outting and I notice some parcels on my front step. One parcel is in a plain brown box, the other is in it's original packing...Hello Plasma Car!

I tell Hayden to stay in the car while I run out of the car, fumble with my keys to unlock the door, and fumble with the awkwardly sized boxes, shove them in the office, and close the door. I was completely sure Hayden knew nothing...then as soon as I got him into the house...

Hayden "Can I play with the toys that were in the boxes?"
Shauna "What toys in boxes?"
H "The boxes that you ran into the house...they had toys in them...can I play with them?"
S "Oh those boxes! No, that was just garbage. It's so windy out today. It was just some garbage that blew onto our front step".
H "Oh, well where did you put the garbage?"
S "In the garbage can in the backyard."
H "Can I see it?"
S "No Hayden, kids that go looking through garbage get to go to their room".

Hayden looks at me as if he is completely and utterly confused. Silence...me crossing my fingers that he'll drop it....and...."well, can I play with your iPhone?"

He bought it!! Or was so confused he didn't know where to go next!! Either way, success is mine!

1 comment:

  1. NICE CATCH!! And well played- distract with iPhone. Genius! :)

    ReplyDelete