Friday, April 13, 2012

2 Months!


I cannot believe that it has been two months with Will! Rob and I were discussing yesterday how we can't believe we went through life without him. It hasn't been easy but the past two months have been filled with love. I thought I would never forget the first couple months because of the sleep deprivation but it is all just a blur now lol.

Here is what's happening:

Will has a morning nap, an afternoon nap, and can sleep for 5 hours at night...then 2 hours...then 1.5 hours and then it is wake up time! (this is on a typical day that is...sleep is still negotiable)

My body is not used to getting 5 hours of consecutive sleep at night...so when he wakes up at 3am I have a really hard time going back to sleep...if I do at all. My body feels great and rested compared to the past few weeks!

He can lift his head and is sooooo close to sitting in the Bumbo chair.

We are getting smiles :) Especially me! He loves both of us but is very partial to me right now...geee, I wonder why? ;)

His feedings have FINALLY slowed down...and by slower I mean every 1.5 to 2.5 hours during the day. Much better than 45 min to 60 min. It has made me incredibly efficient though! You have no idea what I can accomplish in an hour now!

I stored all of his 0-3 month clothes...and cried...and cried...

I have discovered Cravings....ouch $$. Made the mistake of buying a couple REALLY cute rompers for Easter...that he wore....ONCE (betcha saw that coming). I have since discovered the Value Village in Stonebridge...WOW! Nice, clean, and tons of Baby Gap ;) Cravings can be for special occasions.

I have time to go for daily walks and workout. Some me time! I even figured out how to nurse in the carrier! Life saver!!

I have figured out that if Will is awake and I need to bathe...he will accept a bath...not a shower. He likes the sound of the running water when I fill the tub. The shower does not fool him ;)

I just want to give a shout out to my mama friends...the first couple months were not easy for me...I know now that they aren't for anyone. Definitely had light and dark days. Thank you for making me feel normal!! There is much more light now :)

Anyway...much to do and I have no idea how long this afternoon nap will last! That is just a sneak peak at my life right now.

2 comments:

  1. Best Post Ever. Thanks for the peek into your world! :) So good to see you last night... and snuggle for a while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't it amazing what your body gets used to? Then when he does start sleeping and you have a night or two of little sleep it knocks you down again, haha... oh the joys :)

    I think you're doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete