Wednesday, December 19, 2012

PWND!

There is a running joke in our house about my cooking.

I can cook!  BUT all great cooks have their incidents...how else do you turn out great? ;)

I usually make brown sugar and cinnamon pita chips for Saturday breakfast with lattes from my espresso machine.  Steamed milks for the kidlets.

So here I was on a Saturday morning making the pita chips and I forgot them in the oven.  Smoke billowing, detectors and alarm system going off.  Cell phones ringing from the alarm company...neither of us could find our cells!  So the alarm company called us from the panel but in all the mess Robert and I didn't think to answer....yep...there are three university degrees between us.

Next thing we know we can hear sirens in the distance...and we think "Gee. I hope that's not coming to our house."  Of course it is!!!

There is a fire truck in front of our house and a knock at the door.  Not just one fire man standing there but a whole group ready for action!  And me answering the door with a burnt pan of pita chips and a sheepish smile.  "Sorry".

Fortuneatly, they burst out laughing and offered to cook me breakfast :)  Ummmm..."Good morning fire fighters!"  ;)



The other night Robert was teasing me about not burning supper.  Ha. Ha.

I finally came back with a witty come back consisting of "Maybe I wouldn't mind if a truck load of fire men joined me for supper."  Thinking I had won!  Ah ha!!

Robert:  "That's okay.  Maybe they will bring along one fire woman...all I need is one."

I scoffed and thought..."Way to be gross" and replied "I had no idea you had a thing for women that could crush you."

Robert:  "Yep...and they are bigger than you too.  Maybe for once a woman can help me get some stuff done around the house."

:s  pwnd.

I'm still coming up with a come back...

Maybe you had to be there...but it takes me months to think of a come back and I thought I had him this time!

If and when I do think of one for this latest development it will start with "Remember months ago when you said....."

No comments:

Post a Comment