Friday, December 21, 2012

Redefining a "good day"

Hayden is always great at being positive, pointing out the obvious and making me think about life.  Actually, I think all kids are.  Grown ups seem to make life harder than it needs to be sometimes...most of the time.

Here is why I think us adults need to redefine what makes a good day.  For me it requires having a list and getting everything checked off.  A bad day is when I keep adding to the list and do not get most things checked off which results in a complete and utter breakdown in which case I need to all of a sudden "Clean ALL the things!".

This is Hayden's version of a good day:

"Mom, today is going to be a great day!  It's the last day of school AND there is no poop on my underwear!".

It's 7am and Hayden has already determined that today is great!

Point made.  It's the little things :)




No comments:

Post a Comment