Thursday, April 4, 2013

Sensory bin rage!

The other day I was on Pinterest and came across some DIY sensory bins.
Will and I are bored out of our minds today so I decided to give it a try. It looked like fun and I can't possibly deprive my baby of a learning experience! ;)

I grabbed a rectangular plastic bin, some oats, and random cups, plastic toys etc. and tossed it all together.

In the pictures you see a smiling baby playing in the bin, nicely and a mom smiling right next to him.
They are sitting in a brightly painted and incredibly organized room.

Right on! The sensory bin keeps baby so busy that they don't make a mess and therefore mom is happy :)

Want to know what it really looks like?

At first Will dipped his hands in and played with the measuring cups. Cute.
Then he started to dump it on the floor around the perimeter of the bin. Still cute.
Then he started to step in it. Not quite as cute but it IS a sensory bin after all.
Then he crouched down and started to grab oats and toss them into a pile. I can live with that...grab broom.
Then he walk through the oats. Glad I got the broom.
Then he starts running throughout the oats, screaming in in joy but the joy that a fully charged psychopath may experience, throwing oats everywhere!
I am still in denial. I calm myself and say that it's ok. I try to stop him but it's not his fault! He cries.
I let him continue hoping that I can catch up with the cleaning while he plays and we can return to sitting on the floor smiling.

Negative!

Disaster ensues. There are oats everywhere, baby crying, and a flustered mom.

Robert gets home at 3 :)

1 comment:

  1. This might be one of my favorite blog posts of all time ;)

    ReplyDelete