Saturday, January 5, 2013

Sold!

I've been wondering what to do with my wedding dress for a long time!

I don't like objects sitting in my house with no purpose. Even if I loved it and it's pretty to look at:) I also don't think it's healthy to attach emotions to inanimate objects. Especially when the day was about Robert and I...not my dress.

But still...even knowing these things about myself...I just could not figure out what I wanted to do with it. So it sat in my closet and I would sigh and think about our special day and admire my dress.

I thought about turning it into a quilt. But could you imagine having to clean it?!

I listed it on kijiji a coupe days ago and to my surprise someone wanted to come see it after it had only been posted for an hour!  She came by last night with her maid of honor to try it on. And she looked gorgeous!!! It made me feel so good to see it go to someone who loved it as much as I did. I haven't had any regrets or thought about the emptiness in my closet once (like I feared I would).

I know to some it's just a dress...but I'm happy that I took my time in deciding what to do. It took years! Even last night I was afraid I might tell her that I couldn't let her have it :s Until I met her:)

I'm proud of myself and feel good!

1 comment:

  1. I was completely taken aback when I read "Sold!" and then the next sentence talks about your wedding dress. But once I read you post I totally get it! I'm glad it went to a great home and I'm sure she appreciates it!

    ReplyDelete