Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Return to Work

It's getting to be that time. I start work February 12th!

I'm kind of looking forward to it because I'll only be working 60% and our family is pitching in to watch the kids. Unfortunately, once you have three kids most moms stop working all together because of daycare costs. But with family helping I can work a bit :)

I'm taking Mon, Wed, Thurs off. And Robert is taking Tues and Thurs off. Thursday's will be nice!  We'll both have the day to hang out together! My dad will be taking Fridays off to help out:)

I'm not completely okay with it. I'm happy with the plan but still a little nervous. I feel better about the work part...I thought I had forgotten everything but over the past few days it has all come rushing back to me :) Phewf! I don't really have a job with a lot of room for error.

My supervisor made it so I can work in the same spot I was in before I left on mat leave and he has arranged my schedule so I have a minimum amount of night shifts. I have 1 between Feb and April :) And the 1 that I have is on a Monday night so Robert will be home the next day.

I'm more nervous about coming up with all the tips and tricks I use throughout the day and making sure my dad knows it all. He is fabulous and a natural with babies so deep down I know he'd be completely able without them....but the mom in me needs to leave a huge essay of a note.  I'm sure he'll have a good chuckle, but follow it the best he can:) I have the perfect sitter:)

Everyone always seems interested in my schedule going from 0 to 3 kids. Here it the start of what I have to tell my dad...

7am Kids wake up, get dressed, breakfast, pack lunches and back packs, free time...in that order.

830am School run.

9am Will bottle and nap.

10am Will and Hayden snack.

12pm Lunch.

1pm Will bottle and nap.

2pm Will and Hayden snack.

3pm School run

330pm Back packs and lunch kits emptied, Sage can snack if hungry, go through any homework and paperwork sent home from school

4pm Will bottle

430pm After free time kids can start homework, practice piano, do extra reading, extra math, or chores.
This will keep them busy while you start supper.

5pm Supper time

6pm Will pyjamas and diaper

630pm Will story, song, bottle and sleep.

730pm Sage and Hayden pyjamas, brush teeth, story, and sleep by 8pm!  Done!!

Now to add the little tidbits of info :s  Poor dad :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to do the same... but for my classroom as I leave. It's impossible. :s :) Thankfully, there are competent people out there who make it possible... even if I forgot to mention that silly little fact about how to X or the rule about Y.

    Transitions are tough! (okay... for control freaks like me, transitions are tough! ;))

    ReplyDelete