Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Tooth Fairy is Unionized

That's right!  All you parents can thank me later!  I have successfully created a TFEU (Tooth Fairy Employment Union).

Sage lost a tooth about a week ago.  After forgetting the first night to deposit money under her pillow the first night...and then the second night...and then the third night (on this night the tooth went missing...I don't have it) Sage decided to leave a letter.

Dear Tooth Fairy,

You took my tooth but forgot to leave some money.

P.S. I still believe in you.

She wanted to leave it under her pillow...but I interjected and said that the Tooth Fairy is easily distracted...she is a fairy after all...and that it would be best to leave it in the centre of the dining room table.  Just to be safe.

Mama came over to babysit that day and saw the note.  When the kids weren't looking she wrote back from the Tooth Fairy.  She apologized and noted that she was currently on holidays and would return shortly.

Well...the 4th night passed, and then the 5th, and then the 6th.  I know what you are thinking...don't judge me.

By the 5th night Sage had just stopped asking.  The 6th night I remembered!  I pulled her aside and told her that there had been a big development in the fairy world.

All the fairies are now unionized.  There are enough of them after all.

So the Tooth Fairy now receives EDO's every 3rd Thursday, weekends off, holiday time, sick time, mental health leave, family leave, bereavement leave, and stat holidays off.  She does not work overtime.

Sweet deal!

Sage even agreed that it was about time since the Tooth Fairy has had to work all night, every night, since the beginning of time.

By the morning of the 7th day...a Tuesday...Sage had her money :)

So...love the TFEU and use the TFEU!

2 comments:

  1. Shauna! I tweeted this. And read out loud to my co worker. It had me in tears laughing this morning! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete